Government of Andhra Pradesh Prohibition and Excise Department
General Recruitment in Prohibition & Excise Department for the post of Prohibition and Excise Constable -2012
Government of Andhra Pradesh released the notification on 08-10-2012 for the recruitment of 2606 posts of Prohibition & Excise Constables through District Selection Committees.
AP Excise Constable 2012 Selection Process: The applicants have to undergo three stages of tests.
- Preliminary Qualifying Test
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Written Test
1. Preliminary Qualifying Test (PQT): for men – 4 km run (in 20 Min.) and for women – 2 km run (in 13 Minutes). The candidates qualified in Preliminary Qualifying Test (PQT) will be acknowledged with a date, time and venue to appear for PET.
2. Physical Efficiency Test (PET): PET constitutes two levels of scrutiny and five events of physical tests.
I) Physical Measurement Test:
Physical Requirement for AP Excise Constable:
For Men: (i) Height shall not be less than 165 cm (ii) Chest shall not be less than 81 cm, round the chest on full expiration, with a Minimum expansion of 5 cm
For Women: (i) Height shall not be less than 152.5 cm (ii) Weight shall not be less than 45.5kg
Visual Standards for AP Excise Constable:
(i) Right Eye: Near vision 0.5 (Snellen) Distant 6/6
(ii) Left Eye: Near vision 0.5 (Snellen) Distant 6/6
II) Certificate verification: The candidates shall bring original certificates along with one set of attested copies for verification at the time of PMT/PET, failing which he will not be allowed.
|Sl. No||Item/Events||Qualifying Time/ Distance for Men (5 Events)||Qualifying Time/ Distance for Women (3 Events)|
|1||100 meters run||15.0 Seconds||18.0Seconds|
|2||High Jump||1.20 Meters||—-|
|3||Long Jump||3.80 Meters||2.75 Meters|
|4||Shot put||7.26Kgs / 5.60 Meters||4 Kgs/4.5 meters|
|5||800 meters Run||2 minutes 50 seconds||—–|
3. Written Test: The candidates who qualify in the Physical Efficiency Test will have to appear for a Written Test, which will consist of 100 objective questions (to be answered in 2 hours).
Click here for AP Excise Constable Written Test Pattern & Syllabus 2012
Note: The candidates who possess any NCC Certificates (i.e. either A, B or C Certificate) will be awarded additional 3 (three) marks, to be added to the marks secured in the written examination for the purpose of preparation of Merit List.
For further updates Candidates are advised to go through the official website: http://cpe.cgg.gov.in.
AP Excise Constable Results 2012: The announcement of the result of the AP Excise Constable Recruitment process and appointment orders to the selected persons will be subject to the outcomes of the batch of Writ petitions pending before the Hon’ble High Court of AP.
- AP Excise Constables Recruitment 2012 @ http://cpe.cgg.gov.in
- AP Excise Constable Question Paper & Key, held on 31st March 2013
- AP Excise Constable Hall Tickets 2013 @ http://cpe.cgg.gov.in
- AP Excise Constables 2013 written exam pattern & Syllabus
- AP Police Constables 2013 exam pattern & Syllabus, Selection Process