Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited – BSNL
Recruitment of Telecom Technical Assistant (TTA)
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited – BSNL, will fill up about 2086 vacancies across India as Telecom Technical Assistant in the IDA Pay Scale of Rs.13600-25420 through an open competitive written examination
BSNL TTA Examination Date: 30.06.2013.
BSNL TTA Exam Pattern: The BSNL TTA examination is fully objective multiple choice pattern. There will be a written test comprising of 3 (three) parts consisting of Part-I (General ability test – 20 marks), Part-II (Basic Engineering-90 marks) and Part-III (Specialization – 90 marks) of 3 hours duration.
Negative marking in BSNL TTA Exam:
There will be negative marking in Written Test for each wrong answer, 25% of mark of that question shall be deducted.
BSNL TTA Telecom Technical Assistant written test Pattern:
|BSNL TTA written Exam Paper||Marks||Time|
|Part-I||General ability Test||20 Marks||3 hours duration|
|Part-II||Basic Engineering||90 Marks|
|Note: The candidate is required to obtain minimum qualifying marks in each of these parts as may be prescribed by the BSNL.|
The standard of BSNL TTA Exam Paper: The standard of Paper in General ability test will be such as may be expected of an Engineering Diploma holder. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be that of Diploma level of an Indian Polytechnic. There shall be a single multiple choice objective types Paper of 3 hrs duration for BSNL TTA Telecom Technical Assistant.
BSNL TTA Syllabus: Telecom Technical Assistant
The detailed syllabus for BSNL TTA Telecom Technical Assistant written test is available now on BSNL official website: www.bsnl.co.in. Candidates can also download BSNL TTA Syllabus from the following link.
PART-I: GENERAL ABILITY TEST – 20 MARKS
The candidate’s comprehension and understanding of General English shall be tested through simple exercise such as provision of antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks and multiple-choice exercise etc. This shall also include questions on current events, general knowledge and such matters of everyday observation and experiences as may be expected of Diploma holder.
PART-II: BASIC ENGINEERING –90 MARKS
1. Applied mathematics: Co-ordinate Geometry, Vector Algebra; Matrix and Determinant; Differential Calculus; Integral Calculus Differential equation of second order; Fourier series; Laplace Transform; Complex Number; Partial Differentiation.
2. Applied Physics: Measurement- Units and Dimension; Waves, Acoustic, Ultrasonic; Light; Laser and its Application, Atomic Structure and Energy Levels.
3. Basic Electricity: Electrostatics- Coulomb’s law, Electric field, Gauss’s theorem, concept of
potential difference, concept of capacitance and capacitors- Ohm’s law, power and energy , Kirchhoff’s voltage, current laws and their applications in simple D C circuits, Basic Magnet ism –
Electric Magnetism; Electromagnetic Induction; Concept of alternating voltage & current; Cells and Batteries, Voltage and Current Sources, The venin’s theorem, Norton’s theorem and their applications
4. Electronics Devices and Circuits: Classification of materials into conductor, semiconductor,
Insulator etc, electrical properties, magnetic materials, various types of relays, switches and connectors. Conventional representation of electric & electronics circuits elements. Active and passive components; semiconductor Physics; Semiconductor Diode; Bipolar transistor & their circuits; Transistor Biasing stabilization of operating point; Single stage transistor amplifier; field effect transistor, Mosfet circuits application.
Multistage Transistor Amplifier; Transistor Audio Power Amplifier; feedback in Amplifier;
Sinusoidal; Oscillators; Tuned Voltage Amplifier; Opto Electronics Devices and their applications; Operational Amplifier, Wave shaping and switching circuits.
Block diagram of IC. Timer (such as 555) and is working; Motivation Circuits; Time Base
Circuits; Tnyristory and UT Regulated Power Supply.
5. Digital Techniques: Applications and advantages of digital system; number system ( binary and hexadecimal); Logic Gates; Logic Simplification; Codes and Parity; Arithmetic Circuits; Decoders, Display Devices and Associated Circuits, Multiplexers and De- multiplexers; batches and Flip Flops; Counters; Shift Registers; Memories A/D and D/A converters.
PART-III: SPECIALIZATION – 90 MARKS
Detailed Syllabus for BSNL TTA for various disciplines given below.
3. Network, Filters and Transmission Lines
4. Instruments and Measurements
5. Control System
6. Time response of systems
9. Database Management System
Click here for BSNL TTA Syllabus for written test
For more details refer to BSNL TTA 2013 Recruitment notification http://www.ne1.bsnl.co.in/admin/ttarecttnov12.pdf
Candidates in their interest are advised to refer to the BSNL website www.ne1.bsnl.co.in from time to time for any further instruction/information.