Ministry of Minority Affairs MOMA e- Scholarship: Minority Welfare Scholarship System
Online Scholarship Management System (OSMS)
Number of scholarship:Every year 20000 scholarships will be distributed among the students of minority communities throughout the country. Based on the state-wise population of these communities, the distribution of scholarship will be done.
State-wise distribution of MOMA scholarship to minority communities
Common Features of Pre, Post and Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship Schemes
- *30% of scholarships are earmarked for girl students.
- *Students should have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- *Not more than 2 students from the family.
- *Scholarship allocation to States/UTs on the basis of population of minorities.
- *The scheme is implemented through the State Govt. /UT Administration.
- *Can avail scholarship from not more than one source.
MoMA Scholarship Website: http://www.momascholarship.gov.in
Ministry of Minority Affairs website: http://www.minorityaffairs.gov.in
Online Scholarship Management System (OSMS) – Apply Online for Merit-cum-Means and Post-matric Scholarships
Timeline of various activities under OSMS – Fresh & Renewal Scholarship
|Activities||Fresh scholarship||Renewal Scholarship|
|Last date for submission of Online applications||15.10.2012||31.12.2012|
|Last date for submission of duly signed printed version of online applications by students to State Department through respective institutes.||25.10.2012||10.01.2013|
|Last date for scrutiny of online applications by institutes||05.11.2012||15.01.2013|
|Last date for scrutiny of online applications by State Department||10.11.2012||16.01.2013 to 20.01.2013|
|Submission of Proposals by States/UTs for release of funds||15.11.2012||20.01.2013 to 05.02.2013|
Last Date for Online Submission of Fresh Applications by Students: 15th October 2012
Scheme of Merit cum means based scholarship to students belonging to minority communities.
- Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination.
- Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, without facing any competitive examination, will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly of merit.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual family income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh per annum from all sources.
- A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his place of study.
How to apply: Applications in the prescribed format may be submitted to the Secretary of the, deptt. of the concerned State Govt/UT administration, dealing with minority welfare, through the institutions where the students are pursuing technical/professional courses. The student must submit their applications to the state which he/she belongs to and not to the state where the institution where he/she is studying, is located.
For more details visit: http://momascholarship.gov.in/minority.html
POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS
Last date for submission of Fresh Online applications by students: 31st October 2012
Eligibility: Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2 lakh.
Distribution: Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities
Earmarking for GIRL Students: 30% of scholarship will be earmarked for girl students. In case sufficient number of eligible girl students are not available, then the balance earmarked scholarships may be awarded to eligible boy students.
Selection Procedure: Unlike scholarship for SC and ST, there are a fixed number of scholarships for minorities is small and limited. Students from BPL families, having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order. The renewal applications would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
Renewal for Scholarship: The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% marks in the examination.
Mode of Applying: The concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration will supply the application forms, till such time computerized systems are made operational. The application forms should be received back along with requisite certificates/certifications within the stipulated period.
The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.
For more details visit: http://momascholarship.gov.in/postmatric
- None Found