It is very important to keep the necessary vehicle/ automotive papers in the vehicle for the purpose of being checked by the traffic police. The following are the necessary documents to be kept in the non-transport vehicle.
• Valid Driving License
• Proof of valid certificate of registration
• Proof of valid certificate of insurance
• Proof of tax payment
• Fitness certificate
• Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate
• Insurance cover note, tax payment receipt and renewal of registration certificate (if required) are valid evidence.
• Xerox copies of the original documents (attested by a gazetted officer) are also acceptable. However if the demanding authority wants to see the original documents, the owner must produce them within 15 days.
• A Xerox copy of the driving license is not acceptable
Click here for Proper and Improper Number Plates