Punjab State Cooperative Bank conducts written Exam for the Recruitment of Senior Managers, Managers, Information Technology Officers and Clerk-Cum-Data Entry Operators.
Punjab State Cooperative Bank Official website: www.pscb.in
PSCB Recruitment Page: www.recruit.nitttrchd.ac.in/pscb/index.php
Written Exam Pattern: Written test consists Objective type Questions.
|General Awareness & Banking|
20 + 40
Total Marks :
Syllabus: Detailed Contents of Syllabus for written examination
1. BANKING: Impact of Government Policy and Regulation on Banking and the Financial-Services Industry, Measuring and Evaluating the Performance of Banks, Prudential Norms, Asset-Liability Management, Managing the Investment Portfolios and Liquidity Positions of Bank, Liquidity and Reserve Management, Managing and Pricing Deposit Services, Providing Loans to Businesses and Consumers, Risk Management, Balance Sheet Management, International Banking, Treasury Management,Â Economic analysis, Business mathematics,Â Human resource management, Credit management, Advanced Money & Banking.
2. COMPUTER APPLICATION: Basic computer operations, classification of computers, input devices, output devices, Computer hardware and software, memory of computer, storage, processing of data, number system and computer languages, operating systems, networking, internet and e mail, maintenance and security.
3. REASONING ABILITY: This section judges the candidate on their reasoning abilities and mental aptitude. Mentioned below are the various categories across which questions can be asked:
Number Series, Alphabet Series, Test of Direction Sense, Coding-Decoding, Number Ranking, Arithmetical Reasoning, Problem on Age Calculation, Blood Relations, Analogy, Decision Making etc.
Non Verbal Series, Mirror Images, Cubes and Dice, Grouping Identical Figures, Embedded Figures etc
4. QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE: This section checks the quantitative and mathematical skills of the candidate. The questions asked in the entrance exam are from the following categories:
Number System, HCF, LCM, Simplification, Decimal Fractions, Ratio and Proportions, Unitary Method, Percentage, Time and Distance, Time and Work, Profit and Loss, Average, Simple and Compound Interest, Mensuration (2D and 3D), Algebra, Data Interpretation.
5. GENERAL AWARENESS: This section tests the candidate on their awareness of the world around them. Questions are asked mainly from the following categories:
Current Affairs (National and International), Major Financial/Economic News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Who’s Who, Sports, Economy and Geography with special reference to Punjab, Awards and Honours, Science – Inventions and Discoveries, Abbreviations, History and culture with special reference to Punjab, International and National Organisations.
6. ENGLISH: The candidates are gauged on the language abilities and understanding of English grammar in this section. Questions are asked mainly from the following categories:
Error correction, Tenses, Sentence rearrangement, Fill in the blanks with modals, Articles and prepositions etc., Comprehension, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
7. PUNJABI: ਮੁਹਾਵਰੇ ਅਤੇ ਅਖਾਏ, ਦਿੱਤੇ ਹੋਏ ਵਾਕਾਂ ਜਾਂ ਸ਼ਬਦਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ੁਧ ਕਰਨਾ, ਵਾਕ ਵਟਾਂਦਰਾ ( ਵਾਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਦਿਤੀਆਂ ਹੋਈਆ ਹਦਾਇਤਾਂ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਬਦਲਣਾ ), ਵਿਸ਼ਰਾਮ ਚਿੰਨ ਲਗਾਉਣਾ, ਅਗੇਤਰ, ਪਿਛੇਤਰ, ਬਹੁ ਆਰਖਕ ਸ਼ਬਦ , ਸਮਾਨ ਆਰਖਕ ਸ਼ਬਦ, ਵਿਰੋਧੀ ਸ਼ਬਦ, ਬਹੁਤੇ ਸ਼ਬਦਾਂ ਦੀ ਥਾਂ ਇੱਕ ਸ਼ਬਦ, ਲਿੰਗ – ਪੁਲਿੰਗ, ਇਕਵਚਨ – ਬਹੁਵਚਨ ਆਦਿ |
For more details regarding Syllabus refer the link given below: http://recruit.nitttrchd.ac.in/pscb/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=70