Reserve Bank of India Official website: http://www.rbi.org.in
RBI Sample / Model Question Paper:
TEST I : REASONING
This is a test to see how well you can think and also to judge your aptitude/ knowledge for working with computer. It contains questions of various kinds. Here are some sample questions.
Directions: In each of the following questions, there are five letter groups or words in each question. Four of these letter groups or words are alike in some way, while one is different. Find the one which is different.
Q.1. (1) black (2) red (3) green (4) paint (5) yellow
Of the five, ‘black, ‘red’, ‘green’ and ‘yellow’ form a group as they are names of colours. ‘paint’ is not the name of a colour. Therefore, (4) is the answer.
Q.2. (1) BC (2) MN (3) PQ (4) XZ (5) ST
Q.3. (1) Mango (2) Apple (3) Orange (4) Guava (5) Rose
Directions : In each of the following questions, there is a question mark in which only one of the five alternatives given under the question satisfies the same relationship as is found between the two terms to the left of the sign :: given in the question. Find the correct answer.
Q.4. Foot : man : : hoof : ?
(1) leg (2) dog (3) horse (4) boy (5) shoe
In the above example, ‘hoof’ has the same relationship with ‘horse’ as ‘foot’ has to ‘man’. Hence the answer is (3).
Q.5. Day : Night : : Kind : ?
(1) Dark (2) Bright (3) Cruel (4) Generous (5) Gratitude
Q.6. Hut : Mansion : : Rabbit : ?
(1) Hole (2) Carrot (3) Elephant (4) Small (5) Rat
Q.7. If the letters in the word TOPS can be rearranged to form a meaningful word beginning with O, the last letter of that word is your answer. If more than one such word can be formed, M is the answer and if no such word can be formed, X is the answer.
(1) T (2) P (3) M (4) S (5) X
Q.8. ‘Some leaders are dishonest. Satyapriya is a leader.’ Which of the following inferences definitely follows from these statements ?
(1) Satyapriya is honest (2) Satyapriya is dishonest
(3) Some leaders are honest (4) Leaders are generally dishonest (5) Satyapriya is sometimes dishonest
TEST II : ENGLISH LANGUAGE
This is a test to see how well you know English. Your English language ability would be tested through questions on grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of a passage, etc. Study and answer the sample questions given below :
Directions : Pick out the most appropriate word from amongst the words given below each sentence to complete it meaningfully.
Q.9. He quickly glanced ………………………… the book to find what it said about the Indian economy.
(1) at (2) through (3) in (4) to (5) over
The correct answer is “through” which is answer No. 2.
Q.10. The counsel urged the court to ……………………… down the obnoxious law.
(1) enact (2) enforce (3) cancel (4) strike (5) declare
Q.11. The local official ……………………… the Minister of the situation.
(1) explained (2) warned (3) apprised (4) told (5) intimated
Directions : Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part of the sentence is your answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5).
Q.12. I am twenty(1)/ two years old (2) / when I first (3) / joined the bank(4) . No error (5)
The error is in (1). Therefore the answer is ‘1’.
Q.13. To the Hindus(1) / the Ganga is (2) / holier than (3) / any other river (4) . No error (5)
In this question, there is no error; therefore the right answer to this question is ‘5’.
Q.14. Of all the teachers (1) / in our school (2) / our class teacher (3)/ were very strict (4) . No error (5)
Directions: In each of the following questions, select from amongst the five alternatives, the word nearest in meaning to the word given in capitals.
(1) light (2) dangerous (3) deadly (4) cruel (5) thoughtless
(1) a guard (2) a hundred years (3) a very old man (4) hundred runs (5) hundredth anniversary
Q.17. TRIUMPH (1) conquer (2) smash (3) earn (4) brave (5) capture
In addition, there will be questions based on passage, to test your comprehension.
TEST III : NUMERICAL ABILITY
This test is designed to measure how fast and accurate you are in dealing with numbers, viz. computation, quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables and graphs etc.
Directions : In each of the following questions, you have to find out what will come in place of the question mark (?).
Q.18. 42 + 73 + 137 = ?
(1) 352 (2) 252 (3) 242 (4) 142 (5) None of these
Q.19. 20 × ½ = ?
(1) 4 (2) 5 (3) 1 (4) 20 (5) None of these
Q.20. 0.7 x 0.5 = ? (1) 35 (2) 0.35 (3) 0.0035 (4) 0.035 (5) None of these
In Q.18, 252 is the correct answer. So your answer would be (2). The correct answer for Q.19 is 10. But neither (1), nor (2), nor (3), nor (4) shows this answer. Therefore your answer is (5).
Some of the questions may require arithmetical reasoning.
For example : Q.21. At 10 paise each, how many paise will 6 lemons cost ?
(1) 6 (2) 10 (3) 60 (4) 610 (5) None of these
Q.22. Which of the following can be exact multiple of 4 ?
(1) 27114 (2) 58204 (3) 48402 (4) 32286 (5) None of these
Q.23. If the profit made by selling a pen for Rs.10 is as much as its cost, what is the cost price of the pen?
(1) Rs.3/- (2) Rs.5/- (3) Rs.10/- (4) Rs.20/- (5) None of these
There may also be questions on graph and tables.
TEST IV : GENERAL AWARENESS
This test is intended to give an index of your awareness of people and events past and present in different walks of life.
Q.24. R. K. Laxman is famous for –––––
(1) Painting (2) Cartoons (3) Screenplay Writing (4) Film Direction (5) None of these
Q.25. “Kumbh-Mela” is held in our country after every –––––
(1) 6 years (2) 10 years (3) 12 years (4) 14 years (5) None of these
Q.26. Who among the following is the director of the film “Lagaan” ?
(1) Sanjay Leela Bhansali (2) Vasant Govarikar (3) Karan Johar (4) B. R. Chopra (5) None of these
TEST V : COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE
Q.27. Pick the odd man out.
(1) Monitor (2) Keyboard (3) Floppy drive (4) Windows (5) Hard-disk drive
Q.28. The full form of LAN is –––––
(1) Local Access Network (2) Local Area Network (3) Long Area Node (4) Local Area Node (5) None of these
Readers can participate in Discussion forum & Post RBI Exam Paper and the Answers through comments in Comment Box