Government of India, Ministry Of Railways – Railway Recruitment Board
RRB CWE Common Written Exam (Preliminary)
Railway Recruitment Board RRB is scheduled to be conducting a Common Written Exam (Preliminary – 1st Stage) on 2nd December 2012 for the recruitment of all NTPC (Graduate) categories i.e. Commercial Apprentice, ECRC, Goods Guard, Jr. Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Assistant Station Master, GDCE of Goods Guard & LDCE of Sr. Clerk posts in RRB.
RRB Recruitment – NTPC Categories
1. Commercial Apprentice – 317 Posts
2. Traffic Apprentice – 740 Posts
3. ECRC – 114 Posts
4. Goods Guard – 1768 Posts
5. Jr. Accounts Assistant cum Typist – 791 Posts
6. Sr. Clerk cum Typist – 441 Posts
7. Assistant Station Master (ASM) – 2646 Posts
8. Traffic Assistant – 12 Posts
Total – 6829 Posts
Click here for RRB CWE Syllabus & Written Test Pattern 2012
RRB Recruitment Exams Previous solved question papers with Answers Key are available now. Candidates can download RRB ASM Question Paper (pdf files) from the following links.
Click here for RRB ASM Solved Question Papers
RRB ASM SOLVED QUESTION PAPER
1. “Destination India’, conference on commerce and trade was organised at:
(a) Zurich (b) Bangalore (c) Singapore (d) Tokyo
2. According to a survey by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry which of the following countries tops the list on labour productivity:
(a) India (b) Luxembourg (c) Belgium (d) France
3. India’s first Asset Reconstruction Company’s road map was prepared by
a) SBI (b) IDBI (c) ICICI (d) HDFC
4. Which of the following country is the new member of International Coffee Organisation?
(a) India (b) Sri Lanka (c) Kenya (d) Vietnam
5. Who among the following headed the Indo-UK Round Table conference held at London to strengthen bilateral ties between the two countries?
(a) Swaraj Paul (b) Jaswant Singh(c) K.C. Pant (d) Yashwant Sinha
6. “Diva’ a specially ! ! designed women’s international credit card has been launched by:
(a) Federal Bank (b) Standard Chartered Bank(c) Dresdner Bank (d) ABN-Amro Bank
7. Richard Grasso is the head of:
(a) NASDAQ(b) London Stock Exchange(c) New York Stock Exchange(d) Dubai Stock Exchange
8. “Indiva’ is the multipurpose vehicle, launched by____at the international motorshow in Geneva.
(a) TELCO (b) BAJAJ and SIL (c) LML (d) HONDA
9. Match the following Company/organisation Chief Executive Officer
I. General Electricals A. Harvey PittII. Star Alliance B. S. DevarajahIII. Securities and C. Jeff Immelt Exchange Commission D. Cheong Choong KongIV. Manufacturer’s Association of Information Technology Code:I II III IV
(a) A B C D(b) B A C D(c) C D B A(d) D C A B
10. Nokia Corporation, the leading mobile phone makers is a___based company.
(a) USA (b) Japan (c) Philippines (d) Finland! !
11. ICENET is the network connecting the offices of the:
(a) Central Board of Excise and Customs(b) State Bank of India(c) Human Resource Ministry(d) External Affairs Ministry
12. Geographical Information System Software known as “Gram Chitra’ was unveiled by:
(a) C-DAC (b) Media Labs Asia(c) Satyam Infoway (d) Honda
13. The Kofi Annan Institute for IT Excellence, has been set by India at____:
(a) Kenya (b) Guatemala (c) Ghana (d) Durban
14. India’s first Defence Intelligence Agency became operational in___2002.
(a) June (b) March (c) April (d) May
15. The first hydel project in Andaman and Nicobar islands has been commissioned by:
(a) NHPC (b) Dabhol Power Corporation(c) BHEL (d) NTPC
16. First Indian Laboratory (and India to be the 26th country) to be accredited by the College of American Pathology is:
(a) Cipla lab (b) Speciality Ranbaxy Ltd(c) Zydu! ! s Cadila Ltd (d) Sun Pharma lab
17. Smart Kid Insurance policy has been launched for students by:
(a) Tata-AIG (b) SBI-Cardif(c) ICICI Prudential (d) LICI
18. Who among the following has been appointed as the chairman of Central Electricity Authority:
(a) J.L. Bajaj (b) H.L. Bajaj(c) Y.N. Prasad (d) J.L. Raina
19. Chilka Development Authority, the first organisation in the Asian subcontinent to receive Ramsar Wetland Conservation Award for the year 2002 is in:
(a) Kerala (b) Orissa (c) Assam (d) Uttaranchal
20. The chief architect of Ganga Action Plan, an environmentalist and recipient of various awards died recently. Name him.
(a) Md. Bazzi (b) Arshad-uz-Zaman(c) Dr T.N. Khoshro (d) George Soros
21. CBE-2002 a NATO exercise by Canada, Greece, Hungary, Turkey, UK and US was launched in____, for NATO peace programme.
(a) Georgia (b) Angola (c) Durban (d) Ireland
22. 2002 MN is the name of:
(a) Supercomputer (b) Asteroid(c) Spacecraft (d) Star
23. “Orange Prize’ is given in the field of:
(a) literature (b) sports (c) medicine (d) acting
24. In the global tea production, India accounts for____per cent of tea production.
(a) 27 (b) 26.7 (c) 24.3 (d) 27.7
25. USA has signed a legislation to protect the country from biological terrorist attack worth:
(a) $ 4.6 billion (b) $ 6 billion(c) $ 7 billion (d) $ 8 billion
26. World day to combat desertification and drought is observed on:
(a) June 17 (b) June 20 (c) April 17 (d) July 20
27. Name the robot spacecraft, launched by NASA to observe frozen core of comets.
(a)! ! Contour (b) Odyssey (c) Dumar (d) Columbia
28. Blue Ocean, the World’s most powerful Supercomputer, is specifically designed for:
(a) NASA(b) US Naval Oceanographic office(c) US Federal Reserve Bank(d) US Intelligence Agency
29. To review the disclosure and investor protection guidelines, a committee was constituted by SEBI under:
(a) T.N. Chaturvedi (b) A.K. Basu(c) N.J. Reddy (d) Y.H. Malegam
30. First State to introduce a life insurance scheme covering 1.2 crore students and three lakh teachers is:
(a) Karnataka (b) Madhya Pradesh(c) Maharashtra (d) Rajasthan
31. Hrithik Roshan has turned down an offer to act in the Warner Brother’s film,____due to unavailability of dates.
(a) Escape from Taliban(b) Hamlet(c) Three Wall(d) Hey Ram! Genocide in the land of Gandhi
32. ‘The Shade of Swords’ is a book written by:
(a) M.J. Akbar (b) Manil Suri(c) Urmila Lanba! ! (d) Vasant Potdar
33. India’s first Jan Shatabdi Express between Mumbai-Goa was commenced on:
(a) April 16, 2002 (b) April 20, 2002(c) June 20, 2002 (d) June 16, 2002
34. Who among the following has been appointed as the chairman of IIM Ahmedabad:
(a) Y.C. Deveshwar (b) N.R. Narayana Murthy(c) Sanjiv Gupta (d) M. Damodaran
35. Automobile Industry’s man of the year 2002 is:
(a) Carlos Ghoshn (Japan) (b) Dr Mark Faber(c) Dr Doom (d) Lious Haochuang
36. Who among the following has been named as the White Lightning in the cricket?
(a) Adam Parore (New Zealand)(b) Allan Donald (South Africa)(c) Ben Hollioake (Australia)(d) Dion Nash (New Zealand)
37. Which Indian cricketer has bagged a deal with ESPN?
(a) Md Kaif (b) Yuvraj(c) Sachin Tendulkar (d) Anil Kumble
38. Who among the following is the official sponsors of the Indian team at the Asian Games to be held ! ! in Busan, South Korea?
(a) Phillips (b) Sahara (c) LG (d) Samsung
39. “24 Brand Mantras’, is a book written by:
(a) Bimal Chowdhary (b) Shiv Khera(c) Arindam R. Chowdhary (d) Jagdeep Kapoor
40. Ist developing country in the world to make use of fire optics technology is:
(a) China (b) Japan (c) India (d) Vietnam
41. Defence Research and Development Organisation was formed in the year:
(a) 1980 (b) 1958 (c) 1956 (d) 1975
42. Who among the following has been appointed as the President of the flagship channel Zee TV:
(a) Apurva Purohit (b) Pritish Nandi(c) Jitendra K. Singh (d) Raghu Rai
43. India’s first commercially manufactured sports car is:
(a) Reeva (b) Indigo (c) Sedan (d) Fibro
44. How many new railway zones have been notified by the Railway Ministry in July 2002:
(a) 10 (b) 8 (c) 14 (d) 5
45. Name the quarterly magazine, launched by The Time Grou! ! p.
(a) Bindia (b) b-drive(c) businessdrive.com (d) none of these
46. According to Economic Intelligence Unit, maximum amount of FDI is received by:
(a) India (b) China (c) South Korea (d) Brazil
47. European Union Summit was held in Slovenia at:
(a) Bled (b) Geory (c) Repti (d) Ottowom
48. Transport Research and Injury Prevention Programme was awarded the Stockholm award and is unveiled by:
(a) IIT, Kanpur (b) IIT, Delhi(c) IIT, Kharagpur (d) IIT, Chennai
49. Alvaro Silva Calderon was appointed as the Secretary General of:
(a) OPEC (b) FIEO (c) NACO (d) AIMPLB
50. ASEAN was set up in the year:
(a) 1985 (b) 1975 (c) 1967 (d) 1958
RRB ASM Answers Key
1. (a)2. (b)3. (c)4. (d)5. (c)6. (b)7. (c)8. (a)9. (c)10. (d)11. (a)12. (b)13. (c)14. (c)15. (a)16. (b)17. (a)18. (b)19. (b)20. (c)21. (a)22. (b)23. (a)24. (d)25. (a)26. (a)27. (a)28. (b)29. (d)30. (a)31. (b)32. (a)33. (a)34. (b)35. (a)36. (b)37. (c)38. (d)39. (d)40. (c)41. (c)42. (a)43. (a)44. (d)45. (b)46. (c)47. (a)48. (b)49. (a)50. (c)