Special Class Railway Apprentices Exam – SCRA 2015
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited the application for holding the SCRA Exam 2015 on 18th Jan 2015 for selection of candidates for appointment as Special Class Apprentices in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways.
SCRA 2015 Exam Paper Pattern: SCRA examination shall be conducted according to the following plan.
Part I: Written examination carrying a maximum of 600 marks in the subjects as shown below.
Part II: Personality Test carrying a maximum of 200 marks in respect of only those candidates who are declared qualified on the results of written examination.
The subjects of the written examination under Part I, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject/paper shall be as follows:
|Paper||Subjects||Code No.||Time Allowed||Maximum Marks|
|Paper – I||General Ability Test (English, General Knowledge and Psychological Test)||01||2 Hours||200|
|Paper – II||Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)||02||2 Hours||200|
|Paper – III||Mathematics||03||2 Hours||200|
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of Objective (multiple choice answers) Type questions only. The Question Papers (Test Booklets) will be set in English only.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers: Candidates should note that there will be penalty 1/3rd = 0.33 (Negative Marking) for wrong answers in the Objective Type Question Papers.
SCRA Exam Syllabus: http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2014/scra/scra_eng.pdf
- In the question papers, wherever required, SI units will be used.
- Question Papers will be approximately of the Intermediate standard.
- Candidates must write the answers in their own hand. In no circumstances, will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for them.
- The Commission has discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
- Candidates are not permitted to use calculators for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not, therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
Click here for SCRA Exam Previous Question Papers