Combined Lower Subordinate Services (General Recruitment) Examination 2013
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) invited online applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of 1210 various posts through Combined Lower Subordinate Services (General Recruitment) Examination 2013.
Advertisement No: A-4/E-1/2013
Vacancies: 1210 Posts
Pay Scale: Rs.5500-20200/-
Name of the Posts:
1. Legal Assistant.
2. Assistant Estate Superintendent (Housing & Urban Planning)
3. Child Development Project Officer
4. Auditor (Local Fund Accounts)
5. Jr. Auditor (National Savings Directorate)
6. Assistant Controller (Legal Measurement), Grade-II
7. Investigator cum Computer (Cooperative Societies)
8. Computer/Junior Statistical Inspector /Field Investigator (Agri. Sta. & Crop. Ins.)
9. Jr. Research Assistant Gr-II /Hort. Inspector gr.-II/Hort. Inspector
10. Sr. Sugarcane Development Inspector/Sugarcane Development Inspector
11. Investigator cum Computer (Family Welfare)
12. Cooperative Inspector Gr-I Assistant Development Officer (Cooperative)
13. Auditor (Local Bodies),
14. Assistant Auditor (Local Bodies)
15. Fisheries Inspector
16. Auditor (Firm’s society & Chits)
Selection Process: Written Test (Preliminary, Main Examination) & Interview
UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Services Exam Pattern 2013: The competitive examination comprises three successive stages viz : – (1) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) (2) Main Examination (Objective & Conventional) (3) Interview
Duration: Two hours (9:30 am to 11:30 am)
Total Marks: 300
No. of questions: 150
The preliminary Examination will consist of the one paper (General Studies)
The main examination will consist two compulsory papers –
1st question paper – General Studies (Objective)
Duration: Two hours (9:30 am to 11:30 am)
Total Marks: 200
No. of questions: 120
2nd question paper –General Hindi & Hindi Essay (Conventional)
Duration: Three hours (2:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
Total Marks: 200
This question paper contains two parts (first part General Hindi – 100 marks and second part Hindi Essay – 100 marks).
UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Services Exam Syllabus 2013
Syllabus for General Studies (Preliminary Examination)
(1) History of India and Indian National movement: In History of India emphasis should be on broad understanding of social economic and politic. aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of the freedom movement, growth of nationalist and attainment of Independence.
(2) Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World: – Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India. In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected.
(3) Indian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj & Public Policy, rights- issues etc :- Indian polity and Governance questions will test knowledge of country’s constitution, political- system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development.
(4) Indian Economy and Social Development: – The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between population, Environment, Urbanisation, broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
(5) Current Events of National and International Importance- This will also include questions on Games & Sports.
(6)Indian Agriculture – The candidates will be expected to have general understanding of agriculture in India, agricultural produce and its marketing.
(7) General Science: – Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
(8) Elementary Mathematics up to class 10th level: – Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
Note: – The candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above topics with special reference to U.P.
Syllabus for General Hindi & Hindi Essay (Conventional) (Main Examination): PAP ER-1
(1) Current Affairs of National and International Importance –This will also include questions on Sports & Games
(2) Logical and Critical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
(3) General Mental Ability – Questions as would test candidates result-oriented aptitude
(4) Statistical Analysis – Graphs and Diagrams, as would test the candidates’ ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form.
(5)General Awareness and Knowledge of Indian Constitution and Panchayati Raj system
(6)Computer Knowledge – Introduction to computers, Hardware &Software, Computer Network Internet &E-mail.
(7) Gandhian Thoughts – Political, Social and Economic spheres.
(8) U.P. specific questions- On Education, Culture Agriculture, Population, Trade & Commerce, Social Customs, Industries etc.
(9) Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills, Decision making and Problem-solving
(10) General Human behaviors- Discipline, Morality, Leadership, Women-empowerment
(11) General Science – Questions on General Science 0411 cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
Syllabus for General Hindi & Hindi Essay (Conventional) (Main Examination): PAP ER-2
For more details like vacancies, age limit, age relaxation, educational qualification, eligibility, Selection process, written exam pattern (Prelims, Mains) & Syllabus etc. refer UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Services Examination 2013 detailed notification.