UPSC Geologists Examination 2013 will be held by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the recruitment of Geologists, Hydro Geologists under Group A& B posts under Notice Number- 12/2013-GEOL. UPSC Geologists Exam will be commencing from: 09.11.2013
Category I: Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines:
Geologist, Group “A” – 50 Posts
Assistant Geologist Grade-I (Group B) – 25 Posts
Category II: Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources:
Jr. Hydro geologists (Scientist B), Group “A” – 33 Posts
Assistant Hydro geologists, Group “B” – 39 Posts
UPSC Geologists Examination 2013
Scheme of Exam: Written examination + Interview (200 Marks). Written Exam in all subjects will be of conventional (Essay) type.
UPSC Geologists Exam 2013 Pattern & Syllabus:
Part I: Written examination
Each Written Exam is for Duration of 3 hrs.
1. General English – 100 Marks
2. Geology Paper I – 200 Marks
3. Geology Paper II – 200 Marks
4. Geology Paper III – 200 Marks
5. Hydrogeology – 200 Marks
Part II: Interview for Personality Test.
Note: Candidates competing for the posts under both Categories I& II will be required to offer all the five subjects. Candidates competing for the posts under Category I only will be required to offer subjects at 1 to 4.and Candidates competing for the posts under Category II only will be required to offer subjects at 1 to 3 & 5.
For more details regarding Exam Pattern, syllabus etc., refer detailed Notification given below.
- UPSC Geologists Exam 2013-147 Posts, Apply@ upsconline.nic.in
- UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2014 @ www.upsconline.nic.in
- UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandants – 424 Posts; LD: 05.08.2013
- UPSC admit Cards for DCIO Intelligence Officer/ Technical in IB Exam
- UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam IFS 2014 @ www.upsconline.nic.in