Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold a combined competitive examination from 13th May 2016) for the recruitment of Grade IV Services (Indian Statistical Service ISS, Indian Economic Service IES).
- Indian Economic Service (IES) – 13 Posts
- Indian Statistical Service (ISS) – 15 Posts
Union Public Service Commission website: http://www.upsc.gov.in
UPSC Admit Cards website: http://upscadmitcard.nic.in
UPSC IES/ ISS 2016 Written Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Part I– Written examination carrying a maximum of 1000 marks in the subjects. The question papers in all the subjects will be of Conventional (essay) type. The subjects of the written examination under Part I, the maximum marks allotted to each subject/paper and the time allowed shall be as follows:-
A. INDIAN ECONOMIC SERVICE
1. General English- 100 marks- 3 hours
2. General Studies -100 marks- 3 hours
3. General Economics-I -200 marks- 3 hours
4. General Economics-II-200 marks- 3 hours
5. General Economics-III -200 marks- 3 hours
6. Indian Economics -200 marks- 3 hours
B. INDIAN STATISTICAL SERVICE
1. General English 100 marks- 3 hours
2. General Studies 100 marks- 3 hours
3. Statistics-I 200 marks- 3 hours
4. Statistics-II 200 marks- 3 hours
5. Statistics-III 200 marks- 3 hours
6. Statistics-IV 200 marks- 3 hours
Part II- Viva voce of such candidates as may be called by the Commission, carrying a maximum of 200 marks. The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his/her career. The object of the interview is to assess his/ her suitability for the Service for which he/she has competed.
UPSC IES/ ISS 2016 Syllabus
The papers on General English and General Studies, common to both Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service will be of subjective type.
ALL QUESTION PAPERS MUST BE ANSWERED IN ENGLISH; QUESTION PAPERS WILL BE SET IN ENGLISH ONLY.