Vizag Steel Plant invited online applications for the Recruitment of 453 Junior Trainees in various disciplines (Mechanical – 308, Electrical – 105, Electronics & Instrumentation – 40). Vizag Steel Junior Trainees Written Test to be held on July 22, 2012 (Sunday). Vizag Steel Junior Trainees (JT) Written Test on General Aptitude (including knowledge in English and Telugu) and Branch (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics & Instrumentation)
Selection Procedure: written test & interview
Vizag Steel Junior Trainees (JT 2012) Sample Question paper with Answers
1. Select the related words from the given alternatives:
weight: kilogram : :
(A) mile: length (B) bushel: corn (C) distance : kilometre (D) seconds : hours
2. The earliest known Indian script is
(A) Mori (B) Devanagiri (C) Brahmi (D) Kharosh
3. Which is the greatest number less than 10,000 divisible by 48, 60 and 64?
(A) 9600 (B) 9552 (C) 9664 (D) 9720
4. Fill in the blank.
This is the boy ________ I told you of.
(A) Who (B) whom (C) that (D) whose
5. Choose the word that is nearest to the meaning of the given word.
(A) detest (B) contest (C) arrest (D) protest
6. Identify the kind of noun underlined:
Always speak the truth.
(A) common (B) proper (C) collective (D) abstract
Electronics and Instrumentation
10. A transistor has ________ number of terminals.
(A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 1 (D) 4
11. Armature of an electrical machine is the
(A) stator part of the machine (B) rotor part of the machine (C) yoke of the machine (D) none of these
12. In flame atomizer the sample is converted into fine spray by
(A) burner (B) fuel (C) nebulizer (D) none of these
13. The basic limitation of a P-action only controller is
(A) very slow error correction (B) high overshoot (C) non-zero offset (D) instability of process
14. Which valve is most commonly used for throttling service?
(A) glove valve (B) needle valve (C) ball valve (D)
15. Which of the following is only a power electronics component?
(A) thyristor (B) diode (C) transistor (D) none of these
16. What type of instrument is used to measure dc voltage of the order 5 volts?
(A) moving iron type (B) electro-static type (C) moving coil type (D) all of these
17. Which of the following has negative temperature coefficient?
(A) brass (B) mercury (C) electrolytes (D) silver
18. Fibre glass insulation can be used up to temperature of
(A) 60°C (B) 80°C (C) 130°C (D) 180°
19. In an oil filled transformer, oil is provided for
(A) cooling (B) insulation (C) lubrication (D) both (A) and (B)
20. Which of the following is the natural abrasive
(A) Al2O3 (B) SiC (C) boron carbide (D) corundum
21. Generally bearing bushes are made of
(A) copper (B) white metal (C) gun metal (D) brass
22. Blast furnace uses the following as fuel
(A) coal (B) coke (C) diesel (D) producer
23. Best conductor of heat and electricity is
(A) nickel (B) copper (C) chromium (D) aluminium
24. Arc welding uses following electric supply
(A) ac (B) dc (C) both ac and dc (D) spiral waveform
- Vizag Steel Junior Trainees (JT) Written Test Syllabus 2012
- Vizag Steel Management Trainee (Technical) Written Test Results 2011
- Vizag Steel OCM written test Answer keys 2012
- Vizag Steel Plant Management Trainee through GATE-2014
- Vizag Steel Management Trainee (Technical) 2012 Written Test Pattern & Syllabus