Daily Current Affairs 08 January 2019 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 08 January 2019. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 08 January 2019
- India Takes Over Operations Of Part Of Chabahar Port In Iran.
- India-born Gita Gopinath joins IMF as first woman chief economist.
- Supreme Court reinstated Alok Verma as CBI director
- Guinness record created at Polavaram with 24-hour concrete pour.
- Maharashtra is all geared up to host the second edition of the Khelo India Youth Games, which will officially begin in pune.
- Private FM channels can now carry All India Radio News free of cost on trial basis up to 31st May this year.
- Sheikh Hasina sworn in as Bangladesh Prime Minister for fourth term.
- World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim to step down as president.
- Drug maker Lupin said it has received approval from the US health regulator to market Lurasidone Hydrochloride tablets, used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
- The Indian economy is expected to grow at 7.2 per cent in 2018-19, the Central Statistics Office said.
- Indian Navy will commission a new airbase 100 miles north of Port Blair in the strategically located Andaman and Nicobar islands.
GK updates 08 January 2019 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary