Daily Current Affairs 14 January 2019 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 14 January 2019. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 14 January 2019
- IDFC Bank has changed its name to IDFC First Bank.
- Namita Gokhale wins Sushila Devi Literature Award .
- TCS appoints Daniel Hughes Callahan as Independent Director.
- Senior bureaucrat Jaideep Govind was appointed as secretary-general, National Human Rights Commission.
- Lt Gen JS Nain takes over as Commander of Army’s Rising Star Corps.
- 8-year-old Kartik Singh becomes youngest to win Junior World title in golf.
- Rajyavardhan Rathore launches National Youth Parliament Festival 2019.
- First-ever Philip Kotler Presidential award presented to PM Modi.
- Sikkim launches ‘One Family, One Job’ scheme.
- Khelo India Youth Games: Maharashtra grab lion’s share of medals in gymnastics.
- Rohit Sharma equals Sourav Ganguly’s record for 22 ODI hundreds and 1st Indian to slam 5 ODI hundreds in Australia.
- Former banker and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Meera Sanyal passed away.
- 10% Quota for EWS in General Category: Gujarat becomes first state to implement.
- The 352nd birth anniversary of Guru Govind Singh celebrated as Prakash Utsav in various parts of the country.
GK updates 14 January 2019 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary