Daily Current Affairs 15 January 2019 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 15 January 2019. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 15 January 2019
- India’s First All-Electric Cab Services ‘Blu-Smart’ Launched In Delhi-NCR.
- Inflation based on wholesale prices fell to a 8-month low of 3.80 per cent in December 2018, on softening prices of fuel and some food items.
- Army Day is observed on January 15 in India. On this day in 1949, Field Marshal Kodandera M Cariappa took over as the first Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army.
- In Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Kamal Nath launched the Rs 50,000-crore farm debt-waiver scheme named ‘Jai Kisan Rin Mukti Yojana’.
- Doordarshan’s channel ‘DD Science’ along with internet-based channel ‘India Science’ launched.
- 7-Member Group of Ministers (GoM) constituted for boosting the real estate sector under the GST regime, Gujarat deputy CM Nitin Patel appointed as convener of GoM.
- Sir Michael Atiyah, a British mathematician who received the 1966 Fields Medal, also known as the ‘Nobel for Mathematics,’ passed away at the age of 89.
- Parliamentarians of the Republic of Macedonia voted to change their country’s name to the “Republic of North Macedonia”.
- Manu Sawhney appointed ICC’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Gukesh becomes India’s youngest ever Grandmaster at 12 years, 7 months and 17 days.
- Bengaluru Raptors beat Mumbai Rockets to win maiden Premier Badminton League title.
- India’s largest startup ecosystem inaugurated in Kerala, which will be the largest of this type in the world.
GK updates 15 January 2019 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary