Daily Current Affairs 16 January 2019 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 16 January 2019. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 16 January 2019
- ICICI Bank appoints B Sriram, Rama Bijapurkar independent directors.
- Indian boxing’s 1st CWG gold-medallist Mohammed Ali Qamar named women’s chief.
- Flipkart Unit Myntra, Jabong CEO Ananth Narayanan Steps Down.
- Stephen Constantine resigned from his position of Indian football team’s head coach.
- Theresa May faces no-confidence vote after Parliament rejects Brexit deal.
- Asian Cup Gold medallist Shakil Amed set up a world record in indoor rowing by completing 1,00,000 (one lakh) metres in above-40 years category.
- Govt launches initiative to enable women entrepreneurs to sell items on Government eMarketplace (GeM).
- Malayalam director Lenin Rajendran passes away.
- Union Water Resources Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the 9th International Micro irrigation conference at Aurangabad.
- Detained Chinese lawyer Yu Wensheng wins Franco-German human rights award.
- Suresh Prabhu inaugurates Global Aviation Summit 2019 in Mumbai.
GK updates 16 January 2019 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary