Daily Current Affairs 17 January 2019 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 17 January 2019. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 17 January 2019
- The 2018 Gandhi Peace Prize was awarded to Yohei Sasakawa for their role in leprosy eradication.
- India born, Dr. Rattan Lal honoured with 2019 Japan Prize.
- First National Sports Meet for Tribals organised in Hyderabad.
- Bengaluru is world’s most dynamic city: Jones Lang LaSalle(JLL) Index.
- The Annual Status of Education Report 2018 found 56% of Class VIII students can’t do basic maths, 27% can’t read well in India.
- At 35, Satyarup Siddhanta Becomes World’s Youngest To Climb 7 Volcanic Peaks.
- Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani has featured in the top Global Thinkers 2019 ranking of the prestigious Foreign Policy publication.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation the 13-km Kollam bypass of National Highway 66.
- The second India-Myanmar bilateral Army exercise ‘IMBEX 2018-19’ commenced at Chandimandir military station.
- Palestine takes reins of UN coalition of developing countries.
- Arsenal goalkeeper, Chelsea legend Petr Cech announces retirement.
- Vishnu Hari Dalmia, former president of Vishwa Hindu Parishad and a well-known industrialist, passed away.
- Indian universities move up in global ranking with 49 institutions making it to the list including 25 in the top 200.
GK updates 17 January 2019 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary