Daily Current Affairs 18 August 2020 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 18 August 2020. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 18 August 2020
- Satya Pal Malik appointed as Meghalaya Governor
- Uttar Pradesh’s Manduadih railway station to be renamed as Banaras
- Rakesh Asthana appointed as new director general of the Border Security Force (BSF)
- MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari launched an online farm-to-fork service VedKrishi.com promoted by farmers for selling non-toxic farm produce.
- Gwalior-Chambal e-way to be named after Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Ashok Lavasa resigns as Election Commissioner
- India ranks first in number of organic farmers and ninth in terms of area under organic farming
- MPEDA opens quality control lab in Porbandar for seafood exporters
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) constructed a 180-feet-long Bailey bridge in Pithoragarh district in Uttarakhand.
- United Kingdom launches 3-million pound innovation challenge fund in India
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) is all set to launch the country’s first bullion index, Bulldex, on August 24.
- Dream11 is new IPL title sponsor with average bid of Rs 234 crore per year
- AIFF & SAI join hands to launch E-Pathshala
GK updates 18 August 2020 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary