Daily Current Affairs 20 January 2019 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 20 January 2019. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 20 January 2019
- Narendra Modi inaugurates India’s first private Howitzer-manufacturing facility in Gujarat.
- World’s oldest man, Masazo Nonaka, dies at his home in Japan aged 113.
- Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the Tamil Nadu Defence Industrial Corridor.
- Arab leaders and officials have urged the international community to support nations hosting Syrian refugees and take steps to minimise the impact of the refugee crisis.
- India’s Ankita Raina has won the International Tennis Federation’s 25,000-dollar Women’s tournament in Singapore.
- India likely to surpass UK in the world’s largest economy rankings in 2019: PwC
- In Sweden, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven has been elected for a second term, ending a four-month political vacuum.
- In Arunachal Pradesh, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the Diffo Bridge over Chipu River.
- Mauritius Prime Minister Pravind Kumar Jugnauth has reached New Delhi week-long visit to India.
- Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today launched Sunetra scheme that aims at ensuring free eye care services for all citizens in the State.
- SBI launches ‘YONO 20 Under Twenty’ to celebrate young achievers.
- Eminent scientist and recipient of Bharat Ratna C N R Rao has been chosen for the first Sheikh Saud International Prize for Materials Research.
GK updates 20 January 2019 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary