Daily Current Affairs 21 January 2019 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 21 January 2019. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 21 January 2019
- Indian-American Sikh Gurinder Singh Khalsa, was presented with the prestigious 2019 Rosa Park Trailblazer award.
- Nepal’s central bank has banned the use of Indian currency notes of Rs 2,000, Rs 500 and Rs 200 denominations.
- Khelo India Youth Games: Maharashtra finish top with 228 medals.
- Indians over 65, under 15 can use Aadhaar to visit Nepal, Bhutan, according to a home ministry communique.
- Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas began at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, The theme for this year Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is “Role of Indian Diaspora in building New India”.
- PM Modi inaugurates National Museum of Indian Cinema in Mumbai.
- The UN Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (Unesco) has named the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro as the World Capital of Architecture for 2020.
- The Reserve Bank has approved the appointment of V Vaidyanathan as MD and CEO of IDFC First Bank for a period of three years.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has set up a 11-member working group under the Chairmanship of former SEBI chief UK Sinha to go into the concept of ‘Group Insolvency’ and suggest a suitable framework.
- Agrivision 2019, Conference of sustainable agriculture concludes in Hyderabad.
GK updates 21 January 2019 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary