Daily Current Affairs 23 January 2019 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 23 January 2019. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 23 January 2019
- Virat Kohli creates history, becomes first player ever to win Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year.
- Former IAS officer Skandan Krishnan appointed advisor to Governor Satya Pal Malik.
- Indian Navy begins ‘Ex Sea Vigil’, the largest coastal defence exercise.
- Former India hockey player Raghbir Bhola passes away.
- India ranks 80th on Global Talent Competitive Index 2019.
- Maharashtra okays Rs 100 crore from city fund for Bal Thackeray memorial.
- India Steel 2019 Exhibition and Conference will begin in Mumbai.
- Anushree Jindal has launched her maiden business venture – Svamaan Financial Services, a microfinance company.
- ‘Divyang’ in Maharashtra to get Rs 3.75 lakh for eco-friendly mobile vehicle shops.
- Assam: RPF Women Squad ‘JOYMATI BAHINI’ launched in Guwahati.
- Arunachal govt declares Pakke Hornbill Fest as ‘state festival’.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust becomes the only Indian port to be listed among world’s top 30 container ports.
- Pacer Mohammed Shami became the fastest Indian to claim 100 wickets in One-day Internationals.
- Rishabh Pant was named the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Emerging Player Of The Year.
GK updates 23 January 2019 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary