Daily Current Affairs 29 January 2019 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 29 January 2019. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 29 January 2019
- Sunjay Sudhir appointed as India’s envoy to the Maldives.
- Vijay Singh Chauhan appointed as the Ambassador of India to Burkina Faso.
- Suman Kumari has become the first Hindu woman in Pakistan to be appointed as a civil judge.
- Suresh Prabhu inaugurates India’s 1st Geographical Indication (GI) Store at Goa International Airport in Dabolim.
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurated Atal Setu — the third bridge over the Mandovi river in Panaji,Goa
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik announced “Jiban Sampark” project in partnership with UNICEF India to generate awareness about the development and welfare initiatives of state.
- The Swasth Bharat Yatra, the world’s biggest cyclothon to push people to eat right, culminated in New Delhi.
- GST on Haj has been reduced from 18 per cent to 5 per cent and this will significantly lower the air fare thus saving Haj pilgrims’ 113 crore rupees this year.
- HRD agrees to end PISA boycott, India to participate in 2021.
- Uttarakhand’s first tulip garden will come up over 50 hectares of forest land in Pithoragarh district.
- Poonam Khetrapal Singh re-appointed Regional Director of WHO South-East Asia.
- The ICAR tableau in the Republic Day Parade has won the first prize for its Kisan Gandhi theme.
- India has replaced Japan as world’s second largest steel producer.
GK updates 29 January 2019 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary