Daily Current Affairs 31 December 2018 – Current affairs is all about discussion of news stories that have recently occurred or are ongoing all around the world at the time of broadcast. We cover all the information that related to National, international, sports, important Days, appointments, agreements, obituary etc.
Now a days, Knowledge on current affairs is compulsory. It plays an important role in one’s life especially for those who are preparing for Competitive Exams. Here we are providing Daily Current affairs on daily basis, GK updates 31 December 2018. It will be very helpful to the Exam aspirants to prepare the notes.
Daily Current Affairs 31 December 2018
- Smriti Mandhana wins ICC ‘Women’s Cricketer’ and ‘ODI Player of the year’ awards.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a comprehensive pension management software SAMPANN to facilitate pensioners of the telecom department.
- India vs Australia: India Win Third Test By 137 Runs, Retain Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
- PM Narendra Modi renames 3 islands of Andaman Nicobar. The Ross Island was renamed as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep, the Neil Island would now be known as Shaheed Dweep and the Havelock Island as Swaraj Dweep.
- The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation was awarded Best Capital City in the Solid Waste Management in the Swachh Survekshan 2018 rankings.
- Bangladesh’s Sheikh Hasina has won a third consecutive term as prime minister, the country’s Election Commission said.
- Sudhir Bhargava named new Chief Information Commissioner.
- Team India greets 7-year-old Australia co-captain Archie Schiller after MCG win.
- Australian Open introduces new heat stress scale, allowing 10-minute breaks in men’s matches.
- Centre brings booklet on cyber safety for school children.
- Jasprit Bumrah ends 2018 as highest wicket-taker in international cricket, overhauls Kagiso Rabada.
GK updates 31 December 2018 Current affairs
In every competitive exam there will be some questions related to GK updates and Daily current affairs. It is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can score maximum marks in less time in the exam. So, it is a definite topic to clear any competitive exam and secure a job. It will be useful to Crack the exams such as Civil Service Exam, Bank exams (IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL, CHSL), Railway Recruitment Exams, Entrance Exams and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
Click here for THE HINDU Paper Editorial Vocabulary