HINDU Editorial Vocabulary 01 August 2020 and English Vocabulary based on The Hindu daily newspaper. Here we are listed the words used in The HINDU Editorial and providing the usage of words for easy learning. So that it will become very easy to improve vocabulary and learn new words.
Click here for Daily Current Affairs | GK updates
HINDU Editorial Vocabulary 01 August 2020
- The Taliban’s ceasefire is an opportunity to kick-start intra-Afghan peace talks
- a relief for Afghans who have seen unabated violence
- This is the third official respite since the war started in 2001
- May this year, the Taliban had briefly ended hostilities
- there are underlying issues that continue to plague the peace process
|Word||Meaning & Synonyms|
|Meaning: a temporary suspension of fighting
Synonyms: armistice, truce, peace
|Meaning: without any reduction in intensity or strength.
Synonyms: unrelenting, tenacious, punishing
|Meaning: a short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant.
Synonyms: rest, break, interval, interlude
|Meaning: acts of warfare.
Synonyms: fighting, conflict, combat
|Meaning: cause continual trouble or distress to.
Synonyms: afflict, bedevil, torture