HINDU Editorial Vocabulary 07 August 2020 and English Vocabulary based on The Hindu daily newspaper. Here we are listed the words used in The HINDU Editorial and providing the usage of words for easy learning. So that it will become very easy to improve vocabulary and learn new words.
Click here for Daily Current Affairs | GK updates
HINDU Editorial Vocabulary 07 August 2020
- signifies the end of perceived humiliation of the Hindus
- it denotes the end of strife that shackled India’s potential
- For those who yearned for a temple at the site
- the journey so far has been tumultuous and violent
- the line of separation between state and religion was ominously crossed
|Word||Meaning & Synonyms|
|Meaning: make (someone) feel ashamed and foolish by injuring their dignity and pride.
Synonyms: embarrass, mortify
|Meaning: restrain; limit.
Synonyms: constrain, hamper, hinder, impede
|Meaning: have an intense feeling of longing for something, typically something that one has lost or been separated from.
Synonyms: long, pine, crave, desire
|Meaning: making an uproar or loud, confused noise.
Synonyms: deafening, thunderous, thundering
|Meaning: in a way that suggests that something bad is going to happen.
Synonyms: threatening, menacing, baleful