NTPC, India’s largest power company, invited online applications (dated 16.11.2011) from eligible candidates for the recruitment of 30 Assistant Chemist Trainees (ACT).
NTPC Assistants Chemist Trainee (ACT) 2011 Written Test Pattern
1. NTPC ACT 2011 Test will be conducted in online mode.
2. Duration of the Test – 2 hours
3. No. of questions (objective type multiple choice) – 150 (Chemistry – 120 & General Aptitude – 30)
4. Each question carries 1 mark.
5. There is negative marking for wrong answers. ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
6. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
NTPC Assistants Chemist Trainee (ACT) syllabus 2011
A. Physical Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- States of Matter
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical and ionic Equilibrium
- Redox Reactions
- Phase equilibria & Solutions
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Nuclear Chemistry
B. Organic Chemistry
- Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis and purification of organic compounds.
- Preparation, Properties and reactions of Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes
- Organic compounds with functional group containing halogens
- Organic compounds with functional group containing oxygen
- Organic compounds with functional group containing nitrogen
- Reactions of a, b unsaturated carbonyl and acids
- Reactions of Benzene and hetro cyclic compounds
- Urea and malonic easter
- Spectroscopy measurements including IR, UV, NMR (proton and carbon 13)
- Biomolecules – Carbohydrates, Protein, Vitamins, Nucleic Acid, Lipids, Hormones
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
C. Inorganic Chemistry
- Mole Concept and stoichiometry
- Periodic Table
- Chemical Bonding
- Main Group Elements (S & P)
- Transition Elements and lanthanoids
- Coordination compound
- Metallurgy including Ellingham diagram (basic)
- Analytical Chemistry
- B-inorganic Chemistry
For more details please visit http://ntpc.timesjobs.com/NTPC/WEB/index.jsp