SBI Probationary Officers (PO) 2013 Written examination held on 28th April 2013. Written Examination consists both Objective and Descriptive type examination. There will be a negative marking for each wrong answer in the Objective Type examination.
Objective Test consists 200 questions carry 200 marks. Duration of the Examination is 120 minutes.
Descriptive Paper: Descriptive Test is about to check proficiency in English Knowledge for 50 Marks. Duration of the Examination is 60 minutes.
This section had 5 questions to be solved in 1 hour. While the topics were easy, they were very time-consuming as well.
Letter Writing – 1 out of 3 topics
1. Write a letter to your younger sibling explaining the importance of saving money
2. Write a letter to the bank manager for extension in joining date
3. As a manager, write a letter to your employees to conduct a meeting to discuss the PR strategy
Essay Writing – 1 out of 3 topics
1. Security of women in the work space, an increasing cause of concern
2. Entrance exams – a necessary evil
3. Pros and cons of inflation
Paragraph Writing – 1 out of 3 topics
1. Importance of education in vernacular languages
2. Pros and cons of winning lotteries
3. Do brokers deserve the cut that they make on deals?
Passage based on wire transfer and followed by 5 questions
Précis Writing – Not more than 130 words
Passage based on Corporate Social Responsibility
Click here for SBI PO Detailed Analysis (Exam held on 28.04.2013)
Source: Test Funda